Answer these questions to help you get the most money for your house in the shortest amount of time
1. What is the Buyer's first impression of the exterior of my house and what can I do to improve it?
2. What is the Buyer's first impression as they step inside my house and what can I do to improve the apperance and odors?
3. Does my house of any part of my house need painting or touching up?
4. Do I need to reseed my lawn or groom my landscaping? Are hoses and yard tools put away?
5. Does the carpeting need to be cleaned, or replaced?
6. What about the windows and screens? Do they work well or do they need cleaning?
7. Are appliances and light fixtures in working order and clean?
8. Are pets under control? What will you do with your pet during a showing?
9. Are my countertops cluttered or do they show a maximum space?
10. Is there any furniture that I could store or dispose of to make rooms appear larger? Remember, the less you see-the more the buyer can see. Remove extra stuff
11. Do any cabinets need to be touched up or refinished? Tighten loose doorknobs and drawer pulls.
12. Should I remove an ornate item that a buyer may want as part of the house? For example, a chandelier or wall system.
13.Are the garage and storage areas as clean and neat as they can be?
14. Do I need to be aware of other houses similar to mine being offered for sale? "The Competition".
15. Is the price and terms offered going to appeal to most of the buying public in my price range?
16. Make a list for your agent of the things that you appreciate about your house, its probably the same things a buyer will like.
17. Have answering machine volume turned down so no one hears your messages.